Get Grounded Again! Introduction
|View from Bible Study Location (6:45am)|
Get Grounded Again! was great this morning. My friend Jorge provided an introduction to the study and a brief overview of the booklet we will be using for the next seven weeks.
The intro touched on the big question asked by many who have been born again... Saved! Now What? (So I'm saved from eternal punishment (Romans 5:9-10) and now I'm heaven bound. What do I do next?)
The answer to the big question is the following:
- Begin to pray or call on Jesus. Get into fellowship with Him and begin building up that super special relationship you now have with our heavenly Father.
- Begin to read your Bible. Jesus speaks to the believer by way of His Word. And, you won't be disappointed as you will notice that the answers of life are all in the Word of God.
- Find a Bible teaching church where you will be encouraged by the Word of God being taught and other believers. Iron sharpens Iron -Proverbs 27:17
- No longer live for yourself, live for our Heavenly Father. "Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." -Romans 12:2 (NLT)
- Begin to share Jesus with others. Let others know not only through your actions, but also through words the good news of Jesus Christ. Share your testimony and what He's done in your heart.
- Don't slack. Don't allow the trials of life to distract you from serving the Lord. Instead, allow Jesus to guide you through them and keep your full trust in Him and Him only.
Throughout this week we will be working on chapter one and will discuss the scriptures referenced at our next meeting.
God bless you and Stay Strong!